"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Something About Her

The minute that I laid eyes on my Rosa for the first time, I knew that there was something about her. She is not a child that I would have picked off the website. She had  this heartbreaking sadness about her, and I instantly became fiercely protective of that 10 year old girl without a father. I knew there was something about her when I received her first letter. After going years without any letters of encouragement, Rosa poured out love and a desire to get to know me in that first letter. She still had hope that I would write back. And write I did! I knew there was something about her when I wrapped my arms around Rosa for the very first time, as we cried and laughed together, as we smiled and played tag and tried to talk to each other. There is something about that girl- she is smart and funny and so full of life. She is a monkey, a joker, and full of energy. She is a leader, she is strong, and she is so full of love and beauty. I have been beyond  blessed to have my beautiful Rosa in my life.



But now here is your chance to have a Rosa in your life.

 

 This Rosa is also from Bolivia. She has the same exact first and last name as my Rosa. She also lives with just her mother. She lives in the same area of Bolivia as my Rosa. And she has that same sadness in her eyes that my Rosa had when I first became her sponsor. This Rosa also has something about her. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I have a feeling that she has a lot more than just a name in common with my Rosa. This Rosa has been waiting 275 days for a sponsor. She needs someone to show her the love of Christ. Is that someone you? I believe with all of my heart that this beautiful girl would be an absolute joy to sponsor. Please take the time to consider adding Rosa to your family today. If you are interested in sponsoring her, click here.

There is something about this girl. Someone just needs to discover what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment