"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Friday, October 19, 2012

I Will Bring Praise



Moving to a new state, starting grad school, and living in a dorm for the first time has conjured up a lot of different emotions for me. I have felt excited, lonely, apprehensive, confused, homesick, and anxious. Many times these emotions have all been there at once. It’s not easy going out of my comfort zone to try new things.  Over the last week, I have been struggling to figure out what my purpose in being here in Tennessee is. Anyone could be doing what I am doing right now, so why did God call me here. He had a reason for bringing me here to Tennessee Temple; I just don’t know what it was. I keep wondering, why am I here? 

But rather than question His judgment and worry about where my life is going, I am choosing to praise Him in this season. There are so many things that I have to be thankful for, so many little things that I just take for granted. So I have decided to write them down in my journal of thanksgiving. That way I can look back and see the ways that God has blessed me even on days that haven’t gone my way. Just looking back at this week, He has blessed me in so many ways. Each day my blessings grew. Some of these things are small such as beautiful weather and an updated photo of Rosa, but some of them are big like the fact that 5 people have sent me money for my trip to Ecuador. And a girl gave her life to Christ in chapel yesterday! 

Suddenly life doesn’t feel so hard, so boring and monotonous when we look at it through a lens of praise and thanksgiving. I cannot wait to count the ways that God blesses me today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment