"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ecuadorian Dreams



Back in September, I shared about an opportunity I have to go to Ecuador with Compassion International. I am so excited at the thought of returning to Ecuador, a country that I love so much. The trip costs $2900, and the deadline for all my money to be in is November 13. Two weeks ago, I had all but given up on this dream of returning to Ecuador and meeting the beautiful girls I sponsor there. But by the grace of God and the support of some friends, this may actually become a reality. In the last week and a half, numerous people have stepped up and offered their support and prayers for the realization of this dream of mine. I cannot thank the people who have supported me thus far enough. God is so amazing and He has worked through so many people to encourage me in my love of mission, Compassion, and Ecuador! 

But, I still have a ways to go if I am going to make my deadline of November 13. You may have noticed the ChipIn on the right side of my blog. If you are interested in supporting me and my Compassion trip to Ecuador, this is an easy way to donate. It is really easy. You can donate with a paypal account or a credit or debit card. Most of all though, what I really need is prayer support. Please pray for me as I prepare for this trip to Ecuador! I know that if this is where God is leading me than it will happen! 

I will leave you with picture of the 4 absolutely adorable girls that I sponsor in Ecuador. Try not to be too jealous!

Niurka, age 8

Yulissa, age 6

Alexandra, age 7
Carolay, age 8

No comments:

Post a Comment