"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Monday, September 10, 2012

Oh How He Loves Me



Dear God,

I don’t talk to you nearly enough. And when I do it is usually about me. Make ME feel better, tell ME what to do, give ME what I want, please. I’m learning (trying) to just sit and listen to what you might have to say to me for the day. I’m learning to turn the focus back onto you instead of me. Easier said than done, but it is my desire. I want to die to myself, and live for you, even if I don’t act like I want that most of the time. Again, I’m working on that. I’m also working on being more thankful. I don’t tell you nearly enough how thankful I am for your love and for the blessings that you have poured into my life. I have so many things to be thankful for- my family, my friends, free education, a bed to sleep in at night, a dorm room all to myself, etc. I could name things that I am blessed with for hours, but I won’t put you through that. I know that you already know, because the only reason I have them is because of you.

God, I love the fact that many of my blessings have names. You have blessed me unconditionally with the love of my Compassion children. So I want to take the time to thank you for each and every one of those beautiful children who have come into my life. What a privilege it is for me to have them in my life. 

Thank you for Rodrigo, and the way that He has encouraged me to stay close to you. You use him to show me the wonders of sponsoring a child. 

Thank you for Babita, my best friend. Her love is so beautiful and unconditional- a little glimpse of what yours is like.

Thank you for Rosa. It is amazing to me how you brought us together. We are so alike yet so different. Thank you for blessing our relationship, and letting me meet her.

Thank you for Winner. She has lost so much in her young life, yet she chooses to give what she has- her love- away to someone as unworthy as me. 

Thank you for Hillary, and the way that he makes me laugh. I don’t know why you put him in my life, but thank you for that. 

Thank you for Giberline. She opened my heart to Haiti just like you wanted her to. She has had a part in who I am today.

Thank you for Alexandra, and the way that she has given me a heart for a part of Ecuador that I have never visited. I feel like I have known her my entire life.

Thank you for Omelisa, and the things she has taught me. She has taught me to give even if I get nothing in return. It is not about me. 

Thank you for Kevin and his entire family. It was a blessing for me to hug them and share your love with them if only for a minute. 

Thank you for Cecilia, and for letting her choose me. Me, of all the people she could have chosen. I have never felt such love as when she jumped into my arms. 

Thank you for Lucela and her sassy smile. Thank you that I got to see her smile in person, that I got to hug her and hold her. I will never forget those moments. 

Thank you for Niurka. That beautiful girl has a place in my heart already, and I barely know her. It is all because of you.

Thank you for Yulissa, and the way that you have weaved our stories together. I never will tell the story of my life again without Yulissa being in it.

Just listing the names of my sponsored children and the way you have blessed me because of them sends chills down my spine and brings tears to my eyes. Then there are Mariela, Olibris, Carolay, Gil Jr, Neha, Asha, Carolyne, Sargo, and Babu. Lord, how can I thank you for giving me this opportunity to make an impact in your kingdom. You don’t need my help, but you let me help you anyway. And I love you for that. Thank you, thank you, thank you for using me just as I am. Thank you for continuing to change me into the woman that you want me to be, even when I don’t listen. Even when my heart isn’t in it. But you love me anyway, and I, I love you.

Love Always, Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment