"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Monday, September 24, 2012

Mail Call: Bolivia



After 2 and a half weeks with no letters, my letter drought has ended! In the last couple days I have received 9 letters….yup 9 letters! I received some wonderful letters from 7 of my kiddos, but I would like to highlight the beautiful letters that I received from Bolivia, the place that has captured my heart. I received a sweet letter from my Rosa about our time together in Bolivia, and a birthday gift thank you letter and PICTURE from adorable little Kevin along with a form letter about his Christian learning. I will start with Rosa’s letter:

Dear Friend Hilary Hopkins,
I greet you from the heart. I am always thinking about you. I love you so much and I miss you. Thank you for your letter and the photos you sent me. The time when you came to Bolivia was beautiful and unique. The name of my doll is Katherine and I keep the school bag you gave me, I love it. I remember many things about the zoo and that we saw turtles, monkeys, and I want to know, what animal did you like? I encourage your friends to sponsor children from Bolivia, that is an excellent idea. To answer your question, when I see Jesus in heaven, I would say: I love you and I am very happy because you sent a sponsor for me. You are so important to me and my family. It is winter season here and it is very cold. What’s the weather like in your country? I am happy because I will be on break at school, so I will have many things to write you.
I say goodbye with love, Rosa

Yup, I loved the monkeys the best...you, Rosa, were the biggest monkey!


Now, sweet Kevin’s thank you letter for his birthday gift…I am so excited because it was written the day after his birthday. This is the first time that I have actually gotten a birthday gift to a child in a timely manner! 

Dear Friend Hilary Hopkins,
We greet you with a hug and blessings. I am Kevin’s tutor and I’m writing on his behalf. Kevin is happy to receive the birthday gift you sent him. He bought a jacket, a cotton shirt, and a set of superhero action figures that he wanted so much and that’s why he thanks you very much and he made you this drawing with all his dedication. In these last days he was on winter vacations and he went to visit his grandma and he helps to take care of the cows, sheep, donkeys, and chickens; he thinks this is fun and amusing. Kevin says goodbye with a big kiss.
Sister Kathy (tutor)

Aaah, can this kid get any cuter??

Kevin’s other letter was a form letter, but his tutor, Kathy, was sweet enough to write a nice note on the back. Here is my very favorite line:

He liked to see your picture, and he says that you were beautiful when he saw you in April.

Heart melts….

Such a sweet boy!

I just love my sweet kids. It never ceases to amaze me how much I love these kids. I think that I love them more every single letter!

3 comments:

  1. He got Avengers toys! The boys in my class would be so excited to play with him!

    I love Rosa's letter. What a sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Keila's letters (from Bolivia) and I can't wait to start getting some from Olga there too :)
    Rosa's letter is sooo beautiful! You obviously mean the world to her. I love her wanting your friends to sponsor from Bolivia too!
    And I think Kevin is one of the cutest kids I've seen in my life! I can totally picture the adults encouraging him to pick out the clothing with that money and his heart is just set on those action figures. I'm so glad he was able to get them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great letters! I loved reading them. My heart melted to see your little boy with toys that he really wanted. What a blessing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete