"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Another Ecuadorian Adventure


If you have known me for very long, then you know that my heart lies in Ecuador. I remember the moment when I knew that I had to go to Ecuador. It was a Sunday night, and one of the ladies from my church was sharing about her recent trip mission’s trip to Ecuador. Being that I love missions and I had always dreamed of going on a mission’s trip, I was excited for the presentation. Then came the slide show. The very first picture that popped up was the sweetest picture of an adorable Ecuadorian baby. That was it. I had to go to Ecuador. I knew.  I learned over to my mom and whispered, “I have to go to Ecuador.” I had no idea then that it would actually happen. I would actually go to Ecuador. Not too many months later, one of the members of our mission’s committee approached me and asked if I would be interested in going to Ecuador if they could arrange a trip. Yes, yes, a million times yes. Without a doubt, yes! Can I go now?  And that is how I found myself in Ecuador for a week each, the summers of 2009, 2010, and 2011. 

Ecuador 2009


The minute I stepped off that plane for the first time, I was overwhelmed with a love for that country. The scenery was amazing, the people were so friendly, and the children, oh the children, they were beautiful. They blessed me with their smiles and hugs and nonstop, Spanish talk, most of which I could not understand. I cried when we left. But I was ready. Ready to return next year and the next, and as many times as I could return. As many times as God would bless me with that opportunity. 

Ecuador 2011


This year, 2012, is the first year that I won’t step foot in Ecuador since 2009. I miss that place. I miss it so bad. I would return right now if I could. I may not be able to be in Ecuador this year, but I do have the opportunity in March 2013, to go to Ecuador with Compassion International! When I saw that trip posted, my heart started racing. I could go home to Ecuador! I could breathe in that Ecuadorian air and hold its children once again. This trip will be much like the trip I took with Compassion to Bolivia. We will be visiting different Compassion centers in and around the city of Quito, playing with kids, visiting homes, hoping to be a blessing to the people we meet, but ultimately knowing that they will be even more of a blessing to us. Oh and yes, I will be meeting the Ecuadorian girls that I sponsor and correspond with.  But I cannot do this alone. This trip costs $2900. This covers the flight from Miami to Quito, lodging, food, in country travel, tips, and translators and guides. I need this money by November 13th. That’s right, I only have a little over 2 months to raise this money. I don’t know how I am going to do it, but I know that God can make this happen if it is His will for me. (Oh how I pray it is!) Please pray for me as I prepare for this trip! I am excited, but nervous. I am ready to return home to Ecuador. If you are interested in financially contributing to this trip, I would be ever so grateful. You can leave me a message.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for letting me sharing about this awesome opportunity I have! 

My Girls:

 

And if you are interested in sponsoring your own Ecuadorian child, you can check out the adorable Compassion children here!

No comments:

Post a Comment