"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Beautiful Butterfly

I received a beautiful new photo of almost 9 year old Mariela in the Dominican Republic today. She is growing up so fast, and she is absolutely gorgeous. I don't hear from my Mariela as often as I do many of my other children, but she just has a sweetness about her, that I just love. I have a letter from her on its way here, which I am so thrilled about because I haven't heard from her in almost 6 months.

Here is Mariela in 2008:

Love that Smile!

Here is Mariela in 2010:

Love her Braid and Pretty Eyes

And...(drum roll please)...here is Mariela just this month:

She has got the Most Beautiful Thick Hair!

Look at my girl, growing up so fast! She'll be 9 next month, practically a lady :) Love this sweetheart!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! She is gorgeous! She's becoming a beautiful young woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... loved seeing the different pics. Amazing. She is beautiful.

    Hugs,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete