"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Sunday, July 29, 2012

I Live for Little Moments Like That

I was recently talking to another sponsor about our Compassion children. She was wondering if our children think about us as much as we think about them. Most of us Compassion fanatics, think about our children every single day. We pray for them, we think of ideas for letters, we run to the mailbox hoping for news from them. But do they think of us? Or are we just someone that they think about briefly on letter writing day or when they receive letters. I wasn't sure the answer to this. These kids have a lot going on in their lives at a young age, and we are just some person that lives a world away. I began to think that maybe we aren't as special to them as they are to us. But then yesterday, I received a precious letter from 8 year old Carolay in Ecuador. Carolay is such an intelligent, confident, sweet girl, and I just love her to pieces. Every letter from her is special and full of love, but this most recent one, has to be the most precious one of all. Her words went straight to my heart and it overflowed with blessing, honor, and love. Here are the words that I have dwelled on for 2 days straight:

"I have a little room and I have all your pictures on the wall. I always talk to God at night. I talk about you and I ask Him to take care of you."

So there you have it. I think they really do think about us! How can I help, but not melt at these words! I'm so in love with this little girl, and completely amazed that I will be meeting her this coming March. Life doesn't get much better than these moments. Like that country song says- "I live for little moments like that."

1 comment:

  1. wow! Thank you for sharing. We also received a letter this week from our 8 yr old Erik from Bolivia. He had two pictures too. He shared that his mom is sad b/c his older sister doesn't live with them anymore but his little sister does and how he loves her. It touched me so much. I know these children think about us a lot! I have a friend over there working in the project and he told me last night that Erik and his family are so happy to have us for their sponsor. He said "THEY KNOW YOU LOVE THEM AND THANK GOD FOR YOU!

    God is faithful! Praying for you, Hilary!

    much love,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete