"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Monday Mail Call....on Tuesday

Yesterday I got a letter from 7 year old Gil Jr in the Philippines! His mother always writes his letters for him and I just adore this sweet family. A few months ago, I wrote Gil a letter telling him that I would love to see a picture of his family. I didn't know if I would ever get one, but I thought I would let him know that. So yesterday when my letter from Gil came in a big cream colored envelope, I hoped that a family picture was in my hands. In one of Gil's last letters, his mother had wrote that they would send me a family picture in the next letter, when they could have one taken. I didn't get just one letter from Gil, I got 4! I'll let you read his letter first!

Dear Hilary Hopkins,
First of all I would like to ask how are you, if you ask about us here with God's mercy were okay. Ma'am we received your letters here in response to our letter. We know now that you are in Florida. Is the climate there okay? Here in Philippines it is too hot now. Ma'am Hilary, we send you pictures on Gil's Recognition Day and he have award of Most Trustworthy only because his grades on 4th grading is a bit low. Ma'am Hilary thank you so much for your letters even if you are so busy you have time to write for Gil. Ma'am Hilary, Gil was asking if do you have work there in Florida? Ma'am Hilary, thank you so much for your monthly support and for everything. Ma'am Hilary we will pray for you every night before we go to sleep that God will give you good health and divine protection so that you can help more kids. Ma'am Hilary please help us to pray that Gil will not get into sickness. Until here up to our next letters. God bless you always. 
Love,
Ludivina- Gil's mother

I just love this letter! I'm proud of Gil for getting Most Trustworthy even if his grades are a little low :). It is such an amazing thought that Gil's family is praying of me every night. It is a very humbling thought. I take to heart what they say about me helping more kids. I want to help more kids for them! Please pray for Gil, because his mother is always asking for prayer that he doesn't get sick. I'm not sure if he gets sick a lot. It worries me though. 

And here are the pictures!!!


Gil doing a dance with his classmates

Gil's Family and Gil and his mom at his graduation ceremony

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is just perfect! That letter and those pictures just touch my heart. Wow. I have no real words.

    I wonder if his mama prays for Gil to not get sick because she knows they won't be able to afford medicine if he does. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that letter wonderful :). I do hope that Gil is not getting sick often. In one of his letters, his mom said that he had to go to the hospital because he was sick. And in almost every letter since then she has asked for prayer that he won't be sick. Maybe it was hard for them to take him to the hospital or it scared her very much.

      Delete
  2. Hi Hilary,
    I just found your great blog and signed up. I look forward to getting to know you and reading more posts.
    Please consider joining my blog also, if you like.
    www.boh777.blogspot.com
    Blessings, Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I would kill for so many pictures like these! You're so lucky! I'm glad you found my blog because now I can follow yours! I'm working on getting onto OurCompassion, where Amanda posted my blog, but I'm having some technical difficulties. Hopefully soon though! I'm loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you found my blog too :)! I hope you get on Our Compassion soon. I had some technical difficulties first getting on the new site, but it didn't take too long to get figured out so that was good.

      Delete