"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mail Call: Ecuador


Last week, I got 2 letters from Alexandra, but I haven’t had time to share them until now.

 

 Alexandra is 7 years old, and she lives in the jungles of Ecuador. She is so sweet, and her letters were full of good information about her and her family! Both of the letters were written on May 2nd. One of them was a letter about her family and the other was one in reply to my letters. Here they are:

Dear Hilary,
We send you many greetings in Christ and we send you many blessing from the Lord. I’m Bolivar, Alexandra’s tutor. It’s a pleasure to help her write this letter because she can’t write yet. She’s very happy to greet you and she was very happy to receive the letter that you sent. She liked it very much and she paid a lot of attention to each word on the letter. She and I thank you very much for your letter and for the loving support you give her. I encourage you to write her more often. She says that her mother is pregnant and this will be her 16th child. She had complications with her last delivery so please pray for her so everything goes well. Do you live close to your siblings? Do you enjoy to spend time with them? She plays with her siblings. Her brother Franco had a problem. Please pray for his communion with God.
With love, Alexandra and Bolivar

My Family:
Dear Hilary,
I would love to share with you a little bit more about my family. I live with my parents Santiago and Luisa and I have many siblings. My siblings from oldest to youngest are Ambrasio, Mateo, Franco, Fany, Daniel, Nestor, Cristian, Ximena, Noe, Marisol, Karina, Wilma, Romelio, Marlon, and the baby that’s on his way. My food is prepared by my mom Luisa. My family lives in the rural area. I want to thank you for all the support you give me and for your prayers and for being my sponsor. Please pray for my dad Santiago so he has the fear of God and recognizes God as his only Savior. But I also want to say that I’m pretty and intelligent. I’m learning vowels to be able to read. I love to draw. Do you like to color? We say bye with love.
Alexandra and Rosi (her tutor) 

Alexandra's Drawing- she is good for being 7!


It is so great to know the ways that I can pray for Alexandra and her family. I feel for that family with so many children and a salary of $10 a month. I’m so glad that they have Compassion in their area to help the family with expenses. This week, I also learned more about Santiak, the village that Alexandra lives in from a missionary family who lives in Shell, Ecuador and flies into Santiak a couple times a month. I learned that Santiak has about 10 extended families that live there. It is located on the Pastaza River and it is about a 30 minute flight to the village from Shell. It is neat hearing from someone who has spent time in Santiak and probably has seen my Alexandra on occasion!!

2 comments:

  1. 16 children?! Wow!

    Also, I love that the volunteer encouraged you to write more often. As if you needed encouragement to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is great.... LOVE the pic... thanks for sharing. :)

    Hugs,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete