"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Friday, May 18, 2012

A Rosa Letter Kind of Day

Oh I feel like I have been waiting years for this letter! But really it has only been since January 30th. Today I got a letter from my beautiful Rosa. I have been missing her so badly since the moment we said goodbye on April 3rd, that it is so good to see her handwriting and read her words for me again. Rosa usually draws a beautiful picture for me, but today there was no picture. That is because she filled up all the lines with her letter. Here is what she had to say:

Dear Sponsor Hilary Hopkins,

I greet you cordially in the precious name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I thank you for the letters and cards you sent me. I find myself well along with my family. I feel very happy. I have four brothers and my mom. The first one is Tomas. He is now married and has two daughters. The next brother is Rogelio. He is still single. The next brother's name is Samuel, and the one who comes after him is Pablo. Next it's me. They live close to my mom. Thanks to God, they don't have difficulties and are well blessed by our Heavenly Father. To answer another one of your questions, the flavor and kind of ice cream that I like the most is grape with chocolate chips with a chocolate cone. I dream of having a big company that sells ice cream and which has all the flavors and kinds of ice cream for my clients. Last of all I'll say goodbye with this honorable verse that is found in Psalm 31:1.

Your friend who loves you very much,
Rosa

What a sweet letter! I am excited to hear more about her family members because it can be confusing to try to figure out all the siblings. I was able to meet Samuel while I was in Bolivia.

Oh I can so picture Rosa, with a little ice cream shop full of flavors for all of her customers someday! That wouldn't surprise me in the least. Rosa has helped her mom sell ice cream back when her mother's help permitted her to work, and I know that Rosa wants to be just like her mother. All she wants is to be there for her mom. What a precious girl, I have!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for letters! I bet you can't wait to get that first letter she wrote after you got to see you. I bet you see a change in her writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what Rosa has to say about our time together! I'm hoping to see a change in her writing. I know there has been a change in mine. I can't stop writing her!

      Delete