"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Monday, May 7, 2012

My Sweet Cecilia

A couple weeks ago I introduced you to Cecilia, the beautiful little girl that I met in Cochabamba at the Child Survival Program.


 She wasn't registered in the Compassion program when I met her, but I requested that she be registered so that I could be her sponsor. The project workers were more than happy to oblige. Well Friday night, my Cecilia was added to my account! She is officially mine! Isn't that awesome?
Her Official Photo

I have learned that Cecilia turned 6 a week after I met her. She lives with her mom and dad and she is in the first grade. She loves many activities including dolls, soccer, reading, and playing house. I wrote my first letter to Cecilia tonight and I included all the photos I have of her and us together. I hope she is excited to see these pictures and knows that I cherished the time we spent together!




Saying Goodbye

10 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! Her official photo is so cute. That pink dress. Gorgeous. Do you think she knew ahead of time that you would be her sponsor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if she knew. I wasn't able to tell her because she left the project before, I found out for sure that she could be registered. I'm wondering if they told her who it was though when she went to get registered. We shall see :)

      Delete
    2. Do you know why they choose to register some children for sponsorship and others aren't? It seems that Cecilia was already participating in the Compassion program, so why wasn't she registerd?

      Delete
    3. Cecilia was there that day because her mother and little sibling is part of te Child Survival Program. She wasn't participating in any of the activities just coming with her mother for the day.

      Delete
    4. Oh, got it. How wonderful that you came along!

      Delete
  2. She is gorgeous! Congratulations! And such an amazing story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat that they registered her for you. I wonder if she was told when she was registered that you were going to sponser her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering the same thing! We shall see :)

      Delete
  4. That is so wonderful! Are you on Our Compassion?? Kees Boer an advocate will be going there May 23rd. I think he is going to the same project!! BO571 Our little boy's name is Erik!

    grace~
    Teena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on Our Compassion! Kees always has such great information doesn't he :). Cecilia is actually in BO591. How awesome that you sponsor a Bolivian boy. I think it is such a wonderful country to sponsor from!!!

      Delete