"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Lovely Lucela

Guess who is finally, officially my sponsored child? That’s right- the lovely Luci Lou! I met Lucela in Santa Cruz at the project we visited there.



When I met Lucela, I didn’t think that she was registered in the Compassion program. But I guess there was a bit of miscommunication because she had just been registered not long before I met her. Because of this, her packet was accidently sent to an event rather than being added to my account. I was slightly frantic when I found this out, but I knew that she was in God’s hands. If He wanted her to be my sponsored child then there would be a way. All I could do was pray, and of course contact my wonderful Bolivia trip leader, Becca. Becca is awesome and she was able to pull Lucela from the event and have her added to my account yesterday! I’m so excited!
Lucela's Official Photo


This happened just in time because Lucela turns 8 a week from today. I know her birthday card and money gift won’t make it in time, but at least she will know she has a sponsor before then. Lucela lives with her mom and she has 2 brothers and 2 sisters. She is in the first grade and loves dolls. I have so many pictures to send to her, and I can’t wait for her to see them. Now I must go work on her first letter and birthday card. I just love this gorgeous girl!



Lucela and her brother

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you! I love sponsoring from Bolivia. We have only had Erik since Feb. 16th. We received our first letter a couple weeks ago.

    I am so thankful she was added to your account. She is beautiful.

    Hugs,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I love her official photo too. She looks very nice in orange. I bet she is just going to love all of the photos you are sending her. I'm excited to learn more about her in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome. I am sure she is going to be so excited to find out that she has a sponsor...and especially that it is you!

    ReplyDelete