"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Monday, May 21, 2012

My Haitian Princess


I found the sweetest surprise Wednesday afternoon when I looked at my Compassion account. My Haitian princess, Giberline, had an updated photo, and my has she grown. And not just in height. She looks more confident and I can see hope. That terrified look of a hopeless little girl has left her eyes. That is what Compassion does. It bring hope to the hopeless by first bringing them Jesus Christ. It’s amazing! And 8 year old Giberline is just gorgeous!
Giberline 2012


Look at how she has grown!

Giberline 2010

This picture came 5 months early, but none too soon. Haiti has been on my heart and my mind, and the significance of this picture update didn’t slip past me.

1 comment:

  1. She looks so pretty! She has definitely grown a lot. She looks more mature and definitely more confident, like you said.

    ReplyDelete