"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Letter from Indonesia


Tonight, I came home from a weekend with family to find a letter from Omelisa, my 8 year old in Indonesia. Ome was my newest sponsored child before my recent Bolivian additions. This is only the 2nd letter I have received from Ome, so I don’t know much about her at all. She seems like such a sweet girl though and draws adorable pictures.

Her letter was written on April 18th:

Dear Hilary Hopkins,

How are you, Hilary Hopkins? I hope you are fine. Hilary Hopkins, we celebrated Easter joyously. We had some games like: seeking the eggs, crispy eating, then we had meals together. How about your Easter, Hilary Hopkins? I hope you also had thrilling Easter. I look forward to your reply. Here my family and I wish you, Happy Easter. May the Lord bless you. Amen.

Love, Omelisa

Isn’t she sweet?! I like how she uses my full name each time she says it. It’s cute. How fun that they also hunt for eggs in Indonesia. I didn’t know they did that in other countries as well. In my next letter, I will have to share about my “thrilling” Easter! I’m so glad to have Omelisa in my life!

Here is the sweet picture she drew:
Love how she drew herself with blonde hair :)

2 comments:

  1. She is so sweet. Her smile makes her whole face light up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very sweet. My daughter, Lysa corresponds with a little girl from Indonesia. It has been a LONG time since she received a letter. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Much love,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete