"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Gifts for the Girls

I have been really excited lately as I have the opportunities to send gifts to a couple of my sponsored girls!



 A nice lady from Our Compassion is going to be visiting Togo on a sponsor tour this July and she offered to take a small gift to my 6 year old Winner. I was thrilled, and immediately ran to Target to pick out a couple fun things for her. I ended up picking out a cute little dress, a drawing pad, crayons, pencils, pencil sharpener, and a pink jump rope. I know she will love these things, and it is fun to get the chance to shop for her!




Another friend from Our Compassion will be going on a sponsor tour to Bolivia in November, and she offered to take some gifts to my new Bolivian girls. I'm super excited about this because I was a little disappointed that I had nothing to give to 6 year old Cecilia and 8 year old Lucela when I decided to sponsor them while in Bolivia. I went out a picked up dresses, hair clips, notebooks, crayons, pencils, pencil sharpeners, and photo albums for my pictures of us together to send to them. The lady at Walmart asked if I was buying for twins!


I am so appreciative to these ladies for taking gifts to my girls, and I wish I could see their faces when they open up their little packages!!

5 comments:

  1. I always hear about so many good things happening on Our Compassion. Apparantly I used the website wrong, because I can never seem to find anything worthwhile on there. I can't seem to get people to be friends with me and I never know where to look to see about people going on trips. Any tips?

    Anyway, these gifts are super cute. Your girls are going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kayla, you must give Our Compassion another chance :). When you go on there you have to check out the journals. You can post about letters you have got, questions you might have, children you want to see sponsored etc. As long as your page isn't private you don't need to be friends with people. People know me on OC because I post a lot of journals, and you get to know people that way. I hope to see you on there :D.

      Delete
    2. Someday I might have to give it a try. I find it enough work keeping my blog full of things like letters and children I would like to see sponsored. I do like to read other's journals though, which is mainly why I go on there.

      Delete
  2. How exciting! Our friend Kees is in Bolivia and he has already seen our Erik! We are so excited. He sent us 3 pics already of Erik.

    I love your gifts. How wonderful that you get to send them. Maybe I should visit Our Compassion MORE. Kees didn't want to take gifts b/c he did not have room. We did make a video clip and email it to him and he said he would show Erik!

    Keep us posted.

    Hugs,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting that Kees got photos of Erik for you! You must be super excited :).

      Delete