"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

And Now an Ecuadorian Princess

Another photo update!!! I have been obsessively checking my account lately to see if I had a new photo of my 7 year old Alexandra. And it finally came. I have so badly wanted to see how my sweet jungle baby has grown in the last 2 years, especially since the only photo of her shows a sad, poorly dressed little girl with no shoes. When I first saw Alexandra with that red heart on her photo, I just had to sponsor her. It took a couple of days of praying, but I knew I had to do something to encourage this little girl who lives with her parents and 12 siblings. That’s right, 12 siblings! When I started sponsoring Alexandra, she had been in the program for 17 months. She had, had one sponsor who dropped her after a month and a half, and she had never gotten a letter. This is the little girl that my heart broke for:

June 2010


And this is the little girl that I have absolutely fallen in love with:

May 2012


Isn’t she absolutely beautiful, with such a gorgeous smile! Alexandra is now in the first grade, and even though I have only had her for 6 months, I already feel such a deep bond with this precious little girl! I just love her dearly!

Oh, and I was happy to find out today that 5 of Alexandra’s siblings are registered and sponsored in the Compassion program. I am so glad that this family that makes $10 a month has Compassion in their lives!

1 comment: