"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Today's the Big Day!

This is it. The day I leave for Bolivia. I can't believe it is actually here. I can feel the Lord calming my fears even now. I am set to fly out of Tampa at 4:35 and arrive in Miami at 5:35, where I will meet the rest of the group. Hopefully there will be people there when I get there. I'm praying that my luggage isn't over 50lbs and that it actually makes it to Bolivia. I don't know what I would do without all of my junk :).
\
I am also praying for good health and that me along with the rest of the group will quickly acclimate to the high altitude. I have been drinking more water than feels necessary like it was suggested which means I have been peeing every 20 minutes. Pray that we have good weather in Bolivia. I looked at the places we are going in Bolivia on weather.com, and it looks like it is supposed to rain every single day we are here. I'm hoping that my day with Rosa will not be rainy. I believe we are going to the zoo. How fun is that? I love the zoo, but I haven't been to one since I was little, and I bet Rosa has never been to one. Oh what fun we will have!

I'm excited to meet Rosa, but also a tad bit nervous. I hope to be all that she is expecting, and that I can remember even half of all that Spanish I learned in Mrs. Swain's Spanish class. I also don't want to be that sponsor that cries the entire day, because they are sooo excited. I can see that happening. Just thinking about meeting her gets me all teary eyed.

Well wish me luck, I'm on my way! I will try to keep you posted best I can!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...I'm not so sure you're going to be able to hold back the tears at first, but I can't imagine you crying at the zoo. The zoo is too fun!

    I can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete