"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Togolese Princess

This is Lala Latifa Ali-tagba
Proceed to our secure online form

Lala is 10 years old and she lives in Togo with her mother. She helps out her mother by selling and buying in the market, carrying water, and gardening. She loves to play jacks, sing, and jump rope. Lala is above average in school! Lala is beautiful, but she has sort of a hardened expression on her face. She is 10 so she has probably had a sponsor or 2 by now. I wonder if they wrote her any letters or let her know that she is a princess of the King!

Lala goes to the same project as my 6 year old Winner. They even have matching dresses and Winner's last name is Ali too.

This is my Winner. I bet that Lala and Winner know each other. I wonder if Lala ever looks at all the kids with sponsors and who are getting letters and pray that she will have a sponsor soon too. One that will write her letters full of love and joy. Lala goes to a great center where they reply to every letter you send and they send pictures of your child with any gifts that you send them. I pray that Lala can have a sponsor soon too! She looks like she needs to see the love of God in action in her life. Pray with me that Lala has a sponsor soon too! If you are thinking about sponsoring her you can check her profile out here.


3 comments:

  1. I cannot stop thinking about this beautiful girl. God has definitely put her on my heart. I know I'm not being called to sponsor her, but I really wish I was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. There is just something about her that keeps drawing one back. I wish I could sponsor her too. But all we can do is pray :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lala is officially on my prayer list. I hope she finds a wonderful sponsor!

      Delete