"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mail Call: Brazil

It seems that my mail drought is over! At least for this week any way. I have been getting letters from my 3 times a year writers which gives me such joy. Sometime I think that the best letters come from my 3 times a year kids- Uganda, Dominican Republic, Brazil. Probably because I get so excited to hear anything from them.

I got such a sweet letter from Rodrigo in Brazil today. I was having a frustrating morning, and it just brightened my day to see a cream colored envelope in the mail. Then when I ripped into and saw that it was from Rodrigo, my first ever sponsored child, I just couldn't stop smiling. He is such a sweetheart. I just love him to bits :D.

Dear Sponsor Ms. Hilary Hopkins,
It's good to write to you once again. How are you? My family and I are all fine. I liked very much your letters and to know news from you. I'm grateful to you for all the affection and dedication from you. Thank you for all the pictures, drawings, stickers, cards, and mainly the presents, mainly for the Christmas one that was a pair of shoes and for the birthday present in the value of R$32.11 that I've won some clothes. I'm doing well at school and I hope to get good results and to go for the 5th grade and soon I'll be on school vacation. Well, I'd like to be a professional soccer player or a lawyer, as you said, God will decide what will be better for me. I wish you a great Christmas and a wonderful 2012. I love you.
With love, Rodrigo

Isn't that such a cute letter? He is such a boy! I love how he loves everything I send him, but mainly the presents. And how fun that he wants to be a professional soccer player or a lawyer! Wouldn't everything be so much easier if we could all have that attitude that God will decide what is best for us. I also hope that he moves on the the 5th grade :). I'm sure he will, he's one smart 10 year old!

Rodrigo also shared Psalm 37:29 with me: "The righteous will inherit the land and dwell in it forever."

Love this kid!!

No comments:

Post a Comment