"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Random

I haven't been very good about blogging lately. I'll try to do better! That was one of my unofficial New Year's resolutions :).

Just a couple random things going on in my life:
  • Yesterday I finished my 2 1/2 month gig as a school secretary. It was a great experience, I loved the kids, but I don't think I was cut out for a desk job.
  • I'm getting REALLY excited for my trip to Bolivia this April with Compassion International. I recently got a letter from Rosa, and she mentioned that she would like me to know her country someday. I can't wait for her to realize that I 've come to meet her!
  • On February 9th, I'm packing up and moving to Florida to live with my sister. This will be my first big adventure. I think I'm ready....I think :)
  • I'm working towards going to the Philippines over the summer and working at the Happy Horizon's Children's Ranch- a home for abused and abandoned children. I'm excited for a new experience- this is something that I want to spend my life doing.
  • I got 2 letters from Gil Jr in the Philippines this week. They were sweet, and one of them was the first letter that he has written to me all by himself.
  • I am loving the new Taylor Swift song "Ours". It makes me smile....she always seems to know how I feel.
  • Today, I really need an attitude adjustment- so pray for me!
  • But all in all....life is hard, but God is good!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, there is lots of good stuff in this post! Especially Bolivia and the Philippines. I am so excited for you, as well as for Rosa :)

    ReplyDelete