"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mail Call: Indonesia and Ecuador

Great Mail Day! I’m starting to get Compassion letters again! And today I got 2 very special letters (not that all messages from my kids aren’t special, but these ones I had been waiting for). I admit to having checked the mailbox a couple times a day for the last week so it was exciting to find that my new mailbox finally held some cream colored envelopes. I practically skipped back to the apartment everything in me wanting to rip into those envelopes. When I finally was able to dig into my letters, I was delighted to find a first letter from 8 year old Omelisa in Indonesia and a second letter from 6 year old Alexandra in Ecuador! And here they are:



Omelisa’s first letter was a introductory form letter:


My Parents- Ibeato Gea and Yesmai Hareja

My Best Food- Fried Rice

Brothers and Sisters- The name of my little brother= Milka (5 yrs)

My Best Friend- Ica and Windi

I Live- In a Village

My Hobby- Bike Riding

Message For My Sponsor- Dear Hilary Hopkins, Hello Hilary Hopkins, how are you? I hope you are just fine. Thank you for sponsoring me. Oh yes, don’t forget to reply to my letter. Please pray for me wherever I am and wherever you are. May God always protect you and may you be blessed more by Lord Jesus. Please send me your photo. It’s nice to know more about you. Regards, Omelisa

Please Pray That- Omelisa will be a clever and diligent child.

I just love Ome’s letter! I think it is adorable yet sad how she asks me to reply to her letter. Ome has had a number of different sponsors before me and I wonder if she wrote letters and waited and waited for a reply and one never came. How heartbreaking for a child! I am excited to get to know this beautiful little girl!



Alexandra’s letter was a letter all about her dreams:


Dear Sponsor Hilary Hopkins,

Alexandra would love to share with you a little more about her dreams.

Someday she would like to be like- her mother who likes to take care of children. She has lots of siblings.

She would like to travel to- Quito to know the big planes.

When she grows up she would like to- know more about the tropical jungle and take care of the nature like other people do it.

She would love to meet you because- she wants to give you a big hug and know you in person.

She wants to thank you for- the help you give her and the Christmas gifts.

Please pray for- her mother Luisa. She is sick and she left the hospital. Also pray for her father Santiago so he doesn’t take her to the warlock.

And she also wants to ask you- how you spent on Christmas and what you ate. She ate chicken and fish a lot. We say goodbye with love.

I am really worried about Alexandra’s mother. I wonder how seriously ill she is, and I pray that Santiago won’t take his wife to the warlock. Please pray with me for Alexandra’s mother that God will heal her and protect this family!



I’m excited to get such nice letters today. It seems that the letter drought has ended for many people. What letters have you gotten this week?

4 comments:

  1. Take her to the warlock?! What is that? I am definitely praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying with you for Alexandra's mother and that family doesn't resort to a witch doctor, but will find hope in Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla, I think that a warlock is a witch doctor like Hez said. It is a scary thought that her father might take her mother to one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh praying too!

    Loved how you shared....

    Hugs,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete