"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jerry Springer Needs Jesus

You must be wondering about the title of this blog, and wondering what this post is all about. I would be if I were you. But thus far my day has boiled down to- Jerry Springer needs Jesus.

Did you know that Jerry Springer is still on TV? I didn't. I had never actually seen the Jerry Springer show until today. It was one of those shows that you joke about because it is absolutely ridiculous and you know it has to be completely staged. I was flipping through the channels today, and I happened to land on of all things, The Jerry Springer Show. I sat there in utter disbelief at the scene unfolding before me. Two girls physically fighting on stage over a guy. On TV for all the world to see.

My immediate reaction was to laugh at such foolisness. But then it hit me. These are real people. People that God created in His image. Jesus knows each of their names and He loved them enough to die on the cross for them. And suddenly it wasn't so funny anymore. It was hearbreaking. How empty and broken those people must be. Do they even realize that God has a purpose for their life.?

It was so overwhelming. I have always known that God created every person and loves all of them, but it was like I was seeing it a whole new light. It was like learning for the first time that every 5 seconds a child dies from hunger. Everywhere I go there are people who don't know Jesus. And hear I am wrapped up in my own life not even caring that the pathetic people who agree to spew their problems on the Jerry Springer show need Jesus.

I wanted to change the channel and not think about it anymore. But the next channel only brought a girl who didn't know who her babies daddy is. How empty she must be. Searching anywhere and everywhere for something that can fill her up, someone who will love her.Another precious life in the eyes of God.

I felt sick to my stomach just thinking of all the brokeness in this world. I want to do something, I have to. I opened my Bible hoping to find an answer and this jumped out at me.

"I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." ~Romans 9:17

"How, then can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" ~Romans 10:14-15

This just comfirms in my heart and soul that God has called me into missions. God wants to use me to bring the good news of Christ to people who have not heard of Jesus Christ and his love for them! What an honor and privilege!

No comments:

Post a Comment