"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Monday, February 13, 2012

Children of God

I love having the internet at my fingertips down here in Florida. It gives me more time to look at the kids on the Compassion site and wish that I could sponsor just one more, and one more after that, and maybe just one more. :) I can't sponsor any of them, but I can pray for these beautiful children. God knows all of their names, isn't that crazy? He has a plan for every last one of those precious beings. They are completely, utterly loved by God. They are children of God just like you and me! Isn't that awesome?

Well 3 kids have jumped off the website and into my heart, so I have been praying for them. Praying that they will be safe and healthy and educated. And praying that someone will sponsor them and show them that they are beautiful and loved and that they matter!

Introducing: 5 year old Solomon from Ghana
Proceed to our secure online form

Yesterday at church, a man from Ghana came to talk about a school that he has started there. His little school holds 650 children! I came right home and started looking at the little kids from Ghana. I noticed that Solomon has the same birthday as me. And this adorable little boy is doing above average in school! Awesome. If you are interested in sponsoring him look here.

Introducing: 9 year old Gladys from Ghana
Proceed to our secure online form

Gladys is another Ghana cutie! Isn't her bald black head and blue dress so precious! It broke my heart to see that her father is in prison. Can you imagine having the person who is supposed to protect you and provide for you be away in prison? I can't. Also, Gladys goes to the same center as Solomon. If you are interested in letting this little sweatheart know that she matters look here.

Introducing: 6 year old Lenold from Sri Lanka
Proceed to our secure online form

I was so excited to see that you can sponsor children from Sri Lanka now! I wish that I could sponsor from this country. The Sri Lankan kids are so beautiful and they also look so joyful. Lenold's smile is just beautiful even without having any shoes. I love that he loves singing and reading. I bet he would be so much fun to correspond with. If you are interested in being a mento to Lenold look here.

Compassion International gives kids like Solomon, Gladys, and Lenold a chance for a better life and a chance to know Jesus. This is a ministry I'm very passionate about, and I hope that you want to get involved.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. They are all so cute. Praying for them too. Found you on OC.

    hugs,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself looking at the Compassion site all the time too. I keep a constant list of ten children bookmarked. I like to pray for these children and rejoice as I see them no longer on the site.

    ReplyDelete