"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Oh Darling, Don't You Ever Grow Up

As a Compassion sponsor, I love getting updated photos of my kids. We sponsors love any glimpse into the lives of our children, anything that will tell us more about our children’s lives and that our sponsorship is working, and we live for those new photos. Recently I have been lucky enough to be the recipient of 2 updated photos!
It’s amazing seeing a new photo for the first time. You get that giddy feeling in your stomach as you memorize every inch of the photo. Your little girl or boy is growing up right before your eyes. Only getting a photo every year and a half makes them that much more precious.
Whenever I get a new photo, there’s always a little bit of sadness wrapped up in that overwhelming excitement. It’s bittersweet knowing that each new photo means that my baby is growing up and getting older. It’s amazing to be a part of the life of a child in a third world country, but sometimes I just want them to stay little and mine forever. That’s where trust that God has their lives in His hands comes in!
In the last couple of weeks, I’ve gotten updated photos for 11 year old Asha and 6 year old Winner- 2 of my beautiful girls.
I adore the radiant smile and glowing confidence on Asha’s face. That girl is growing into a sweet young lady who loves Jesus. She shared in her last letter, “Really there is no true friend like Jesus.” It’s a privilege to know Asha. What a sweetheart she is!

Winner’s photo makes me smile. She is getting so tall and gorgeous. Winner is full of personality and I have a feeling that whoever took her photo caught her on a bad day. She does not look impressed to be having her picture that day. I just love her little attitude!

I love knowing that I am making a difference in the life of a child living in poverty. You can make a difference too by sponsoring a child through Compassion International today. What a great way to start off 2012, don’t you think!

4 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous! When I was little, I had a doll that was made to look like she was from India. A friend of mine was Indian and I went over to her house to have her mom help me name her. We named her Asha. This little girl touches my heart. I wish I still had that doll, I would mail it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are two very precious girls! I really like the smile on her face!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I think that they are so beautiful and precious :D.

    Kayla- that is neat that you had an Indian doll with the same name as my Asha. It is a pretty name! Asha is such a sweetheart and her name just fits her!

    ReplyDelete