"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mail Call: Togo

Just last week, I shared about how exciting it is as a sponsor to get the updated pictures of our children. Well, the only thing more exciting than an updated picture is an unexpected picture! Those extras are few and far between and every single one of them is absolutely cherished.
Winner, my 6 year old in Togo, goes to a project that is very good about sending “Thank You” letters and gift pictures. And this week I got a sweet photo of Winner with the things she bought with her birthday money. It is so special to see proof of how our money is helping our child! Winner’s birthday was November 14th, and the “Thank You” letter was written on November 23rd so I did a good job of getting her gift to her on time.
Winner writes:
“Dear Hilary Hopkins, May God bless you for yours favors. My guardian greets you and thanks you. I am glad to receive your gifts. Thanks to your gift, I got a 5 kg rice bag, a nice loincloth, and shoes. We pray for you and your family. Continue to pray for us. How do you prepare for the Christmas?     ~Winner”
Here is Winner with her beautiful gifts:

Wow. All I can say is wow. She is absolutely gorgeous!

2 comments:

  1. She is so adorable! What a nice birthday gift you gave her!

    ReplyDelete