"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mail Call: Ecuador

With the Compassion letter writing system changing to form letters for the younger kids, I was interested to see what it would be all about. Well Tuesday, I got my first look at the form letters when I got one from 8 year old Carolay. Carolay writes the sweetest letters, so it is a little dissapointing to have her now writing the form letters, but every letter is precious no matter what.

The exciting news is that this was the first letter that Carolay wrote by herself!

The topic of this letter was: My Family

I live with: My mama Gina and with my brothers and sisters
My siblings from oldest to youngest are: I have 5 brothers and sisters- Junior 27, Joselin 19, Jose Luis 15, Paul 11, and Valentina 1
My food is prepared by: Mama
My family lives in the: Urban area
I want to thank you for: Sending me letters, gifts, and for your support
Please pray for: My father who is far away that God protects him
But I also want to say: I traveled to Ibarra with my mama to visit my grandmother. How is your family? Read Ephesians 6:15.

It breaks my heart that Carolay's father is far away from her. An 8 year old girl need her daddy in her life. I'm not sure if her parents are divorced or if he is off working, but I pray that there is some way that he can be closer to Carolay.

I'm excited that Carolay got to visit her grandmother in Ibarra! I know I love going on vacations, so I'm sure that she does too. Ibarra is about 10 hours away from where Carolay lives in Machala so that was quite the little adventure :D.

I love my sweet, beautiful, confident Carolay!

1 comment:

  1. I love her little sassy pose! What a cutie you've got there.

    ReplyDelete