"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Saturday, January 21, 2012

I Wanna Feed the Hungry Children

When God puts a dream in your heart, he puts it there at a young age. I am proof of that.
I was going through old yearbooks from when I was in elementary school, yesterday. It was fun looking back over my school years, remembering my classmates and laughing over the hideous outfits and big perms I had as a child. But what really caught my eye, was my 8th grade yearbook. Every year all the 8th graders would share what they hoped their future career would be. I remember having to do this, but I didn’t remember what I had put down. What I read blew me away!
Career: Missionary/Compassion International
I couldn’t believe that my dreams have not changed one bit. Even back in the 8th grade, I knew that I wanted to do whatever I could to release children from poverty in Jesus name. At 13 years old, I wanted to change the world. Almost 10 years later, and I still want to change the world. Isn’t that crazy!
This song by Britt Nicole- “I Wanna Set the World on Fire”- describes my heart :)

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I've wanted to do missions since I was little bitty. At 17, that hasn't changed one bit!

    I love this song, by the way :)

    ~Hannah~

    ReplyDelete