"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Friday, November 4, 2011

Mail Call: Philippines



The letter drought is over! Well I guess I can’t really call it a drought when it’s only been a week and a half. But even that feels like forever without any news from one of my kiddos.

I got the sweetest letter from 6 year old Gil Jr today.

 I love the fact that his mother writes the letters for him because I am learning so much about him. He is such a great kid, and I just love his sweet mother. She is so happy that Gil has a sponsor and she is always so appreciative. Gil’s letter was a reciprocal letter written on September 16.
Dear Hilary Hopkins,
First of all, Me and Gil would like to ask if how are you together with your family. With Regards to Gil we had go to swimming his last birthday (he turned 6 on August 27th) together with our cousins because we are here in seashore and regarding to his studies now he can able to read. His grade in Math subject was good. You know what Ma’am Hilary, Gil was seeing the pictures that you had sent to us. It is nice place that you went in Florida most especially this picture of Mickey and Minnie. This is his first time to see a picture like this. Ma’am Hilary, Gil was asking if when were you go in our place? So that he can see you in person. Ma’am Hilary include our family in your prayers. Every night we also include you in our prayers that you will have good health, you will be safe in any danger with His divine protection. Until here to our next letters.
Love, Ludivina Otadoy- Gil’s mother

I think that Ludivina might be one of the sweetest ladies I know. She seems so involved with her son, and being a part of the Compassion project. I don’t know if Gil comes from a Christian family, so I’m praying that through this relationship they will come to know Christ as their savior!
I wish that I could write Gil back and tell him that I’m jumping on the next plane to the Philippines. If only it was that simple. But, the Philippines is the next country on my agenda after my trip to Bolivia in April. Maybe a trip to see Gil isn’t completely out of the question! Hope you got a letter as great as mine this week!

1 comment:

  1. I got a letter from Fred in the Philippines too (he's in PH899). I love it that his mother writes too and that she speaks English. She is VERY faithful in writing and sometimes it seems that she writes more often than I do.

    ReplyDelete