"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sponsor a Child from Ecuador!

Compassion is having another bloggers trip!You can check it out here!  This time they are going to Ecuador from November 8-12. Five different bloggers will be getting an in depth look at Compassion's work in Ecuador, and will meet many of the children that Compassion serves there. Since Ecuador is close to my heart, I'm really looking forward to learning more about Compassion's work there. The Compassion website has added 751 Ecuadorian kids in hopes that the bloggers will be able to help find sponsors for these kids while on this trip. I know that I'm going to have to stay away from the website or I might end up with 15 more kids :D. Many of them have already started pulling my heart strings.

Lamar is a sweet orphan who lives with her grandmother and 6 other children.

Andrea's father is in prison.

Little Melanie has the same birthday as me.

Antonio has to be one of the cutest 5 year olds ever!

Alvaro lives in the jungles of Ecuador where they live on $10 a month.

Sara goes to the same child center that my Carolay does. I wonder if they are friends?

Six year old Tepa doesn't have any shoes like many of the kids at her center.

But the little girl that has taken the biggest chunk out of my heart is Alexandra. She goes to the same center as Tepa and Alvaro, and at least 10 other kids I have found on the website (I haven't looked at all the kids). Alexandra has a darling little face, and she makes me smile yet breaks my heart all at once. Her tattered little outfit with her belly sticking out, makes me want to wrap her up in a great big hug, and tell her how beautiful she is.

Proceed to our secure online form
Alexandra
All of these beautiful children need someone who will show them God's love, and tell them that they matter. Can you sponsor one of them today?

No comments:

Post a Comment