"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mail Call- Bangladesh

Tuesday afternoon I anxiously went to the post office to look for some cream colored envelopes. It is always so hard on holidays when the post office isn’t open. I hate to miss a day of eagerly checking the mail. It is funny how the highlight of my day has become my post office runs. I practically skip to the mailbox in hopes of hearing from one of my kiddos. Some days it is a fruitful trip, while other days I wished I’d just stayed home. I usually get letters on Mondays, so since Monday was a holiday, I had pretty high hopes for Tuesdays run.
Peeking into the mailbox, a huge grin covered my face as my hopes were granted. A thick cream colored envelope. I tried to guess who the letter might be from, but knowing my kids, it could be anyone. Carefully opening the envelope revealed a letter from Sargo written in August. And not just one letter, but two stapled together. Yes! Sargo is my newest correspondence child from Bangladesh. I had only gotten a first form letter from him previously so I was excited to learn more about this adorable 6 year old, plus I’m absolutely in love with the beautiful Bengali writing. Here is what sweet Sargo had to say in his letters:
Dear Sponsor Hilary Hopkins, Love and greetings to you from Sargo. He is glad to get you. He wished your brother. He loves to swim. He can swim. There is a pond beside their house. He has cousin siblings. He loves you and God very much. His 2nd term exam has been finished. He learns many thing about Jesus at project and goes to school regularly. He will get one month holiday from school for Ramadan. So he is glad. He gives thank you for your photos. You may stay well.
Dear Sponsor Hilary Hopkins, Love and greetings to you from Sargo. They all are well. He gives thank you for your letter. Now it is rainy season here. Now the river, marsh, pond etc have been filled up with water. Now the water lily and kadamba have bloom. They are two brothers. They have no sisters. He loves to play football and badminton. He likes swim and study. He is glad to get you and gives thanks to God. There is a lake in their district. What are your favourite color and food? He loves you.
So now I know a little more about Sargo. He loves to swim, he’s glad to get me as a sponsor, but he wished he got my brother. Isn’t that too funny? I’m definitely praying for Sargo as he is from a Muslim family. I pray that he can know the love of our savior. Wow, I love this kid! Have you heard from your sponsored child recently?

4 comments:

  1. My compliments for your blog and pictures included,I invite you in my photoblog "photosphera".

    CLICK PHOTOSPHERA

    Greetings from Italy

    Marlow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had letters from four of my kids this week, so it was a very good mail week. Still waiting for the first letter from my new little one at GH232. I think a lot of us are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how he says "he is glad to get you!"

    how sweet.

    Just found your blog. Love reading about others and their story with Compassion. Life changing isn't it?

    grace,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete