"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Next Big Adventure

I have completely recovered from my mission’s trip to Ecuador, but I wish I was still there. Going to Ecuador for a third time was such a blessing. I was able to see familiar sights and faces as well as meet the wonderful people of Borja. I can’t wait to return to Ecuador again. But now that my time in Ecuador has passed, I have started working towards my next adventure. A Compassion International sponsor tour to Bolivia in April. Bolivia is a country that has been heavy on my heart for a while now. When I started sponsoring with Compassion International, I knew that I wanted to sponsor a child in Bolivia. Last January I started sponsoring 11 year old Rosa. It broke my heart to see those sad eyes and such a somber expression especially knowing that she didn’t have a father in her life. Rosa is a beautiful girl with a heart full of love just waiting for someone to share it with. She loves to help her mother out at home, play soccer with her brothers, and play dolls with her cousins. She is so thankful to have a sponsor and she freely shares her love. This girl is so close to my heart! So last month when I saw on the Compassion website that they are having a trip to Bolivia in April, I knew that I was meant to be on that trip. While in Bolivia, I will get to see some of the different areas that Compassion works in and learn more about the programs they offer while sharing God’s love with the children of Bolivia. But the highlight of the trip for me will be meeting Rosa. Finally seeing her face to face and hopefully seeing her smile. Telling her in person that God loves her and that she is beautiful. I can’t wait to see the land of Bolivia and my beautiful Rosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment