"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sorry that I didn’t post this blog last night. I have been feeling ill so I didn’t get around to it. Yesterday was our last day of VBS! It is hard to believe how fast this week has gone by. I don’t think any of us are ready to leave in 2 days. It is going to be so hard leaving the adorable kids and the beautiful people of Ecuador. For the last day of VBS we took all the kids (about 60) to their local swimming hole. They loved it so much! We brought water balloons for them and their goal was to get as many of the adults wet as possible. When they ran out of the water balloons they resorted to filling water bottles and chip bags and pouring them over our heads and down our backs. I think that everybody ended up being more wet than planned! I didn’t planned on getting wet at all, but I came back completely drenched because I got pushed in!

Waiting for the bus to pick us up

The bus we took to the swimming hole

Ready to get in the water

Loving the water!

Drying off :D
Today the rest of the group went to visit 2 waterfalls including the largest waterfall in Ecuador. I’m still not feeling up to par so I stayed behind with Diana and Kevin. I’m sure that everyone is having a great time, and I can’t wait to hear all about it so that I can tell you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment