"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ecuador Here We Come!

Wow, I really haven’t been keeping up with this whole blogging thing. Summer is supposed to be about rest and relaxation, but I always end up running around like a chicken with his head cut off, wondering what day it is and where I’m supposed to be! I guess my blog has suffered because of that. I will really try to be more regular with my blogging.
I just wanted to keep everybody up to date on the Machias Valley Baptist Church mission’s trip to Ecuador that I am taking part in. it is hard to believe, but Thursday morning we leave on the first leg of our adventure. It is amazing to me how the summer flies, and that Ecuador is almost here! On Thursday 8 of our group will make the 6 hour trip to Boston. In Boston, we will meet the other 2 members of our group. We will spend the night in a hotel there, and then fly out early in the morning to Miami, and then on to Quito, Ecuador. Once in Quito we will drive around 3 hours to get to the town of La Borja where we will be staying with missionaries- Dan and Diana McKeen.
Half of our group, including me, has been to Ecuador before and for us this trip will see us deepening the relationships with the friends we made before, and again being reminded of how blessed we are. And for the first-timers it will be an eye opening trip as they discover a new culture and a new way life they have never experienced before. Either way, this trip is going to be full of memories as we share Christ’s love with the children during VBS, and encourage the Ecuadorian Christians in their ministry.
I can barely wait to see those beautiful brown faces and be able to share with them the love of Christ that they have been waiting all their lives to hear about! I will try to write a small blurb each night in Ecuador about our day and some of the special experiences we have had. I can’t promise that it will be every night because I’m not sure of the reliability of the internet, but I will try. I would appreciate all of your prayers, and I hope you enjoy hearing about my trip to Ecuador!
                                                                                                  
                           


No comments:

Post a Comment