"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Thursday, July 14, 2011

From the one who loves you

Last week I was in Florida visiting my sister. It was so hard to leave the warmth and sunshine to come back to the mundane- the same thing day after day, week after week. But coming back to reality isn’t so bad when you have a cream colored envelope waiting in your mailbox. This time the cream colored envelope held the precious words of my Rosa in Bolivia. I love how with each letter her drawings get smaller so that she has more room to write to me. Here is what her letter said:
Esteemed Hilary Hopkins,
I want you to receive the best blessings God Almighty gives each one of us. On this beautiful occasion I want to thank you for everything you sent. I loved the birthday card along with the postcard of the place where you live. It’s very pretty. I’ll put the stickers on my notebooks. I’ll put the photo beside my bed to feel you close to me. I find myself doing well at school. The subject I like the most is math, and I’m in 6th grade, section C. What I like the most about the Project are the Bible verses we learn. What I have fun doing is playing with dolls. The colors I like are blue and pink. I have four older siblings. Since they are bigger, I don’t play with them. My favorite pet is my cat, and its name is Sassy. I hope to have answered your questions. I also love you very much, and I always pray to God that He would protect you from all harm.
From the one who loves you,
Rosa
From the one who loves you. There aren’t any other words that could make me feel as good as those words do. It is an amazing thought to me that there is an 11 year old girl living in Bolivia who knows me name and who loves me! Wow that just gives me goose bumps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment