"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Thursday, June 16, 2011

They've Stolen My Heart

Don’t you love it when Compassion adds more kids to the website….I know that I do. I love to look at those precious faces and pray for them to find loving sponsors who will encourage them in Christ. But at the same time I hate it. I hate looking at kid after kid and knowing that I can’t save them all. I want to be able to tell every last one of those boys and girls that they are loved and cared for and that God has a special plan for their lives. I want to pull the poverty straight out of the hearts of those children. Each of those children may have to live surrounded by poverty, but they don’t have to live believing the lies that poverty tells them- that they don’t matter, that they will never get anywhere I life. But since I can’t sponsor all 2000 of the kids on the website, I can pray for them and introduce you to some of them in hopes one of them may steal your heart like they have stolen mine.
Here are just two of the many Compassion kids who are looking for sponsors. Autsadong and Jhenedyes have stolen my heart and I hope that both of them will soon find wonderful sponsors.
This adorable boy is 3 years old and lives in Thailand. Don’t you just love his hair! Autsadong loves soccer, singing, and telling stories. I would love to just sit and listen to him tell one of his stories. He lives with his parents in a mountain community of about 600 people and his parents are at times employed as farmers. When they are employed they live on about $76 a month.Autsadong is in pre-school and with the help of you and Compassion he can continue in his education. Pray that this boy can soon have a sponsor!
Jhenedyes is 4 years old and she lives in a desert community in Peru. Who knew that there were deserts in Peru? Like any beautiful little girl, she lives playing with dolls, playing house, and playing ball games. Jhenedyes lives with her mom and dad and her 2 siblings. Sometimes her father is employed and makes about $140 a month. Jhenedyes is just starting out in preschool, and with your help she can continue in school and learn more about the love of Christ. Pray that this beautiful girl will be paired with a loving sponsor sooner rather than later.
If one of these adorable children and their stories have touched your heart than take a moment today to check out the Compassion International website and learn a little bit more about sponsorship. Sponsoring a child is a huge leap of faith, but the blessings for you and the child is more than you could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment