"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Season of Waiting

In church today, we talked about waiting rooms. The service was based on the Psalm 27:14. “Wait on the Lord. Be strong, take heart, and wait on the Lord.”  That is becoming one of my life verses, because I know that I am in a waiting room in life. We all have times in our life where we are waiting on God. We pray and He tells us to wait. Wait- that is the hardest answer to get from God.  It is always exciting when God answers our prayers right away with yes. We love to get our way. Getting no for an answer isn’t fun, but at least we can move on with our lives. But waiting that is just so frustrating to us. At least I know it is for me. I would rather do most anything than wait. But the seasons of waiting are many times when God works the most in our lives. It may not seem like God is doing anything in our lives when we have to wait, but if only we could see what He is doing behind the scenes. Only years down the road may we see how He has worked in our lives when it didn’t seem like He was there.
Right now I am in a season of waiting. I am waiting for God to show me what the next step in my life is. I don’t know if I should go to Bible school or go to Uganda. Maybe I should spend time in Ecuador or just stay where I am and work. I don’t know, but it gives me such a peace to know that I DON’T have to know what is next because God knows, and when it is time for me to move, God WILL show me. We don’t have to know all the answers; that is what we have God for.  So be strong, take heart, and see what God is trying to teach you through this time of waiting. He is always faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment