"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Monday, June 13, 2011

A Quadruple Happy Dance

A cream colored envelope from Compassion with “message from your sponsor child” written on it is always good reason for a happy dance. So imagine my excitement when I found four of these rare gems in my mailbox today! A quadruple happy dance was definitely in store! I was so blessed today to receive letters from Winner, Rosa, and Gil Jr.
I got my first letter from Gil Jr in the Philippines. It took about a month for it to get to me. It listed his family members and some of his favorites and then there is a message from his mother on it. Gil has 2 older brothers ages 20 and 17 and he has a younger sister age 5. He likes the color red, fried chicken, basketball, cars, and dogs. He also wants to be a teacher when he grows up. His mother thanks me for sponsoring Gil as her husband has died and she can’t pay for her children to go to school. She also tells me that he has a lot of favorite foods. He is a boy after my own heart! It breaks my heart to think that Gil at the young age of almost 6 has already lost his father. That must be so hard!
Winner’s letter is in reply to an Easter card that I sent her. She is excited because a put a picture of her in the card. It sounds like that made her very happy. I am glad that she is excited about her picture. Little Winner never gets to see her mom or dad very much, so I want to show her just how important she really is!
My letters from Rosa were 2 of the sweetest letters I have received yet. When I first started sponsoring Rosa I was so worried about her because of how desperately sad she looks in her photos. But getting her letters is like a breath of fresh air because she sounds like such a sweet happy girl. In one of the letters she thanks me for the birthday gift I sent her. With the $15 I sent, she was able to buy a skirt, sweater, and shoes. In her second letter she thanks me for the picture of myself that I sent her. She says she will put it in a special place where she can see it every day and feel that I am close to her. She is so thankful about my sponsorship and she tells me how much she loves and prays for me. It is amazing how she is praying for me, and not just me praying for her.
I love all of these sweet kids, and I am so blessed to have them as a part of my life! Now I have many letters to write this week. Have you written your sponsored child yet this month?  

No comments:

Post a Comment