"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Little Ball of Sunshine

I got a new picture of Carolay today! Carolay is 7 years old and from Ecuador, and she is one of my correspondence children. She has a special place in my heart since I have taken a couple missions trips to Ecuador.
Here she is:

Isn’t she just beautiful! I love the attitude and confidence that just radiates from her. That is one thing that I love about Compassion International’s program, the confidence that it gives the children involved. It teaches them that to dream of the future when otherwise they might not see any hope amongst the poverty. Carolay has gone from being an average student in kindergarten to an above average little lady in the third grade. I can already tell that this little ball of sunshine is going to do big things with her life!

2 comments:

  1. She looks like she's got a little spunk in her with her hands on her hips :) Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, isn't she adorable :)

    ReplyDelete