"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Saturday, June 4, 2011

An Indian Princess

One of my favorite things in the world is seeing other people get excited and decide to take that leap of faith and sponsor a child! This May 1st, I got the chance to witness the excitement of first time sponsorship when I was able to host a Compassion Sunday at my church. But the most exciting part for me was when my mom told me that she wanted to sponsor a child from India. We scoured the website together, but we kept coming back to the beautiful Indian girls. My mom decided that she wanted an older girl because after the age of 10 it becomes harder for the children to find a sponsor.
And that is how we found our Indian Princess, Neha. Her photo was updated this week, a couple weeks before her 13th birthday, and she is blossoming into a beautiful young lady.


The India kids have always been in my heart, and I am so glad that my mom decided that she would sponsor a child from there. And I get to help her write the letters! Neha is going to be one cherished young lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment