"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
~James 1:27

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Little About Me and My Life

So this is the first blog of my own that I have ever written, and I’m really excited to share with you my hopes, dreams, passions, and ultimately my life’s journey. I just graduated from college this month, and I am definitely excited to see what God has in store for me next! My dream is to someday open an orphanage in a third world country. I’m not sure where, I just know that this is a desire that God has placed on my heart. I am interested in Ecuador, Bolivia, Uganda, Kenya, and Togo, but I will go anywhere that God leads me. I have been spending my days of being graduated scouring the internet looking at different missions agencies, non-profit organizations, and information on the different countries on my heart. Missions and children in third world countries is a really big passion of mine, and I want to do anything that I can to be God’s hands and feet for these children and show them the love of Christ. One way that I have been able to do this is through the child sponsorship ministry of Compassion International. Compassion and my sponsored children have become a huge part of my life! Right now I sponsor 7 boys and girls from all over the world, and I correspond with 7 others through the correspondence program, where a child has a financial sponsor who either cannot write or has no desire to write so a willing correspondent is found. This is just a little about me! I will definitely be talking more about Compassion and my kiddos in posts to come. Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment